Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Road Trip!


No I'm not taking a Road Trip but I just wanted to throw my $.02 in on "a little show that could."

I'll admit NBC is my "network" of choice but lately they've disappointed me with some of their show selections and decisions about their shows, Studio 60, Life, Last Comic Standing all cancelled and the shows they've picked to replace their cancelled shows have sucked; My Own Worst Enemy, Kings, The Black Donnelly's, anyone? Yet they at least haven't gone into reality shows on constant loop.

I've never liked reality shows I think it ultimately dumbs down the audience, with few exceptions, The Amazing Race and Top Chef, you can keep them. In a confusing array of hypocrisy at worst, insincerity at best I must however give a shout out to a new reality show on NBC. One of their new summer shows, The Great American Road Trip, has caught my attention. This show, which airs on Tuesdays nights on NBC, pits families against each other in challenges while they travel down historic Route 66. I've always wanted to get my kicks on the historic route and to do it with my family would be an "experience" I surely would never forget. I probably enjoy the show by living vicariously through the families on it but I've never denied being a sentimental sap and there's no reason to ignore that now. However, knowing my luck this new show probably won't make it to the Grand Canyon let alone San Bernardino, but we'll see. Watch IT!
NOTE: THEY MOVED IT TO MONDAY @ 7 Central! (Added 7/10/09)

No comments: