Several topics today so let's jump right in and knock 'em out.
- Cardinals' Baseball: DeRosa getting hot, even though the team is not. Holliday is already getting into the swing of things, Duncan's out, Lugo's in. So far I like, as Ricky has noted, the message the front office is sending, win now. My only concern is that we may have traded away the next "Danny Haren" but only will time will tell with Wallace. Good moves by the Cards in my opinion hopefully this will play out for the rest of the season.
- Buehrle's Perfect Game: Sure it was Chicago but you gotta tip your hat to the perfect game, amazing. As Kropp has noted he, surely owes Dewayne Wise something big for his spectacular catch.
- Brett Favre: We're waiting...again, to see what Brett does next. Personally I understand if he wants to play, as a Packer fan I hope it's not with the Vikings.
- Futbol, er soccer: Beckham fined $1,000 for his "gestures" towards fans...really $1,000 that's it? Come on MLS! If your gonna fine a multi-millionaire, freakin' fine him. This is one of the reasons why the MLS ranks lower than the WNBA in league prestige. (No offense intended towards the WNBA, they could all kick my butt) If you're gonna do something to make headlines do something big, make him pay for a shopping date with his wife or something, give it to charity, come on!
-Tiger Woods: Some people will argue that Tiger's behavior at the British open was "childlike" forget about it! Not only do we as fans love the emotion that players show, as long as it isn't inappropriate (see above) but the guy gets mad, that's part of why he's so good, he's so intense. That's part of why he didn't do so well, he lost his focus. Yet I like to see it when I (rarely) watch golf, or any sport!
No comments:
Post a Comment