
"UP" - Starring the voice talents of Ed Asner, Christopher Plummer, Jordan Nagai, Bob Peterson, Delroy Lindo and the astonoshing, stunning and wonderful animation talents of Pixar, with more voices from John Ratzenberger (duh) and Elie Docter, written and directed by Pete Doctor and Bob Peterson with Thomas McCarthy. Even with my professed love for the folks at Pixar, I have to admit I was a little bit nervous about this one, after all this was the first in "3D", but we'll get back to that later. This story, of an "old" man, Mr. Fredricksen who ties balloons to his house and floats away to fulfill his lifelong "adventure" is much, much more than a fantastic voyage "up". Along the way our unlikely "hero" befriends an 8 year old wilderness scout who accidentally finds himself on Mr. Fredricksen's porch after his ascent. After landing on the wrong end of paradise falls this odd couple must "parade float" the house to the other end to complete their mission. Their journey is fraught with peril including; a "vicious" bird-like monster, talking dogs - some more friendly than others, and a murderous adventurer who is searching to regain his prestige in the world. Throughout the comedic tale and whimsical quest Mr. Fredricksen learns more about his life and the power of friendship. This movie does more than rely on cheap 3D tricks to tell a story but maintains its lettered integrity throughout the graphically fascinating film. In my opinion the sentimentality, compassion, and humanism displayed throughout the picture makes this Pixar's best film to date. 5/5 Remotes
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, I BAWLED for the first half hour of this movie, and then the part when the Dug says "I hid under the porch because I love you" I started getting all weepy again. I freaking loved this movie, and I usually HATE computer animated films (Wall-E being one exception).
Great review for a fantastic movie!
See, I do read your blog once in awhile. I loved this movie too.
Good luck with the race on Sunday. :)
Vicki
Post a Comment