Like the ol' Hyundai sitting in the driveway my "odometer" hit a milestone yesterday, the big 3-0! Aside from feeling a little worse for wear, I'm definitely not in as good of shape that I was in in my early 20's, I'm not feeling all that bad for this auspicious milestone. In honor of the Oscars last night I'll use one of my favorite movie quotes to try and sum up the overall sense I'm feeling; "it's not the years it's the mileage." (Bonus points for those of you who can name the movie) Therefor in honor of that sentiment I'll continue on and keep racking up the mileage, regardless of age.
Here's the only problem with keeping track of the mileage instead of just the age, you tend to forget where you've been. When I was younger I kept a journal to try and help me remember all the extra mileage, yet that fell a little dormant in college. I then moved to a blog but lately that blog has been a little dormant too. So in order to remedy this situation, to get little bit better push on the journey, and to keep the record fresh of my adventures, I will once again challenge myself to 30 posts in 30 days. (I'm also going to try and put aside 30 minutes a day to get the journal started up again but sorry folks I don't think I'll share that online.) So wish me luck, comment if you wish, and try and enjoy the ride.
1 comment:
Happy Belated Birthday!
Post a Comment