In the most recent telling of Alice in Wonderland the Mad Hatter notices that Alice had a little more "muchness" before and well I'm feeling much like the "new" Alice, without "muchness."
The thing is, Alice had a challenge and it seems as though I am without challenge currently. I have a daughter and she's having problems getting to sleep but that's not the kind of challenge I'm wanting, really. I'm perfectly fine leaving her sleep in my arms until she's 5. (Well not really but you dads out there know what I mean) Work is fine and good and I'm pleased to have the opportunity to assist my students in pursuing an education and allowing for the wheels of opprotunity to be greased but sometimes you want a little bit more. I guess I want to "re-engage," but "re-engage" in what is the question.
Politics is kinda out of the question for reasons of meeting times and access.
School is kinda out of the question for reasons of financial duress.
Entertainment/Theater is kinda out of the question for reasons of work.
So what do I do? Any suggestions anyone? I need a little bit of a managable "Jabberwocky" to tackle to find some "muchness," or do I? Should I be looking for "muchness" or should I be content where I stand and let the Jabberwocky find me? Do I need to be fighting anything right now? I don't know but it's been weighing on my mind for a while (since I saw the movie) and I got to let the steam out just a little bit before my kettle explodes.
1 comment:
volunteer. see http://www.volunteermatch.org/search/index.jsp?r=msa&l=65299%2C+ or http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/Volunteer/index.php
there are a ton of diverse opportunities to invest in your community in a way that fits your lifestyle, your skill sets, and your interests. (and this year, you can get a free ticket to disney world to boot.)
"America must serve." - obama
Post a Comment