Once arriving at Boone County Courthouse square I registered and began to stretch out, get loose, and try to "warm up" for the race. I caught up with some good pals and we meandered down to the starting line. Once we were down there, in the light drizzle and the cold the usual banter before a race began and we tried to lighten the mood a little for the race we were about to run. The gun fired and an eerie silence fell upton the crowd but we were off. When I got home to my wife and daughter we did a little bit of cleaning around the house (still more to be done but a good start) and got a call from my Dad, more good news for the day. He had turned to the business section of the paper and it stated that the Columbus, OH based White Castle had interest in buying the abandoned Backyard Burgers building off of Clark Lane. Oh happy, happy day when White Castle comes to Columbia.
Then turning on the TV I was lucky enough to catch my first televised Cards game of the season. Yeah it wasn't in high def, yeah it was the "Channel 5" crew but it was Cardinals' baseball and life was good.
From there a "belated" birthday lunch at Fridays with stripes coupons and a free dessert making it only $20 for alot of food and we picked up a new camera afterwards so hopefully, hopefully we'll learn how to use it and get better pictures in the long run. Now it's time to settle down to our netflix and call it a night. Good day to you all and don't forget to set your clocks forward, daylight savings starts in the morning.
5 comments:
Where was your green (besides the dark green under your yellow fleece)? You really need a St. Paddy's Day hat for next year! Congratulations on the run!
Yeah a hat would have been good, however, I was just going to wear the Caballeros jersey but it was frigid!
Congrats on the run!!!
Yeah! New camera!!!!
It was a WONDERFUL luxurious run from where I was standing! When's the next one??? The one I won't be sick for! :)
The next one that I know of is on April 17th, I'll let you know of the details when I get them!
Post a Comment