Today my wife had a baby shower for a friend and as is the case with most gatherings of women, they wanted her to bring our daughter along. This left an opening for a little “Me time” today. Well I’m not sure if this is the case with other fathers but for me, right now, my “me time” gives way to wanting “We time” instead.
Now when I was in college or even before I would tell you that “Me time” would be filled with hours watching ball games, playing computer games or even catching up on some sleep but now that I’m older now and my family is starting to grow, I really am looking forward to “We time.” “We time” being the time spent letting the little one try and roll over, or just taking a walk down at the park, or reading a book that she’s way too young to understand or hopefully in the future sitting on a (hopefully non-broken) couch and catching the Cards game on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Don’t get me wrong I would still love a weekly scheduled video game or two with my brothers and with my friends. Plus I definitely long for the Tuesday and Thursday night ultimate Frisbee marathons of my past (which I guess is still “We time” masking itself as “Me time”) but right now I think would like some “We time” with my daughter and with my wife just a little bit more. I think at the point right now where I torn between the innocence of her youth and the excitement of her future but in any case I don’t want to miss a thing. I guess that’s all part of being a Dad.
Anyway, as it turns out I didn’t get any “Me time” or “We time” but instead took on the duties of running errands and attempting to get the house in some kind of order. Who knows if “Me time” will once again reign on but right now I’m pretty comfortable letting “We time” take the lead.
3 comments:
I sacrifice sleep for me time. Turns out I can live on 5-6 hours sleep. Something the I-need-12-hours-sleep teenage version of me would have never believed.
Glad that you are back on track, Robert with your blog! Isn't it funny what a baby can do for you? She is a sweetie!
I love "we time" and want more of it!!!
Post a Comment