Starting last year I made a goal to finish a 5K, I actually beat my goal and finished 2. The two runs; the Tim Heinsz 5k in Columbia and the All Star 5K in St. Louis were such a success that I've decided to keep them going. However, there has been a slight hiccup in the training, my daughter. She hasn't quite followed the schedule that was established before her birth but that's ok. I have been able to train off and on and think I'm in good enough shape to knock another one out.
Now coming up this Saturday is another run the St. Pat's Day 5K here in Columbia. Today was my first "dry run" to make sure that I don't die while doing it. My run this morning was 31:30 so the bar is not that high and hopefully I'll be able to get that down without students, and no traffic, on Sat. morning. Anyone want to run it with me? Better hurry up and sign up, slots are going fast. The goal is under 30 minutes so wish me luck and, happy running.
3 comments:
going for 3 this year?
Actually anonymous, I am attempting 3. The St. Pat's Run, the Tim Heinsz run (again) and third in the Magic Kingdom in October. So the race is continuing.
Good luck today or should I say "Top of the Morning"? 3 this year then 4 next?
Post a Comment