One of the great things about being a part of the "information revolution" and the advent of the internet, is the ability to go back in time and look at what you were thinking about in the not so distant past, namely resolutions. However, it looks like even though I had a reminder online and a renewed drive to succeed I did not accomplish all my goals and most of my resolutions were not completed for the entire year, but "there's always next year" right?
So without further ado...the obligatory list of New Year's Resolutions:
- Get into shape (precursor) - Yes this is the one "constant through the years" and once again I will try valiently to return to the shape of my youth. My eventual goal is to run a 5k. (Final resolution) This will prove to be highly unlikely, if not impossible for an excercise induced asthmatic without training so I have a plan and let's see if it just might work.
- Read 2 books a month - I'm hoping to get into a fiction/non-fiction groove and to try and finish one book of each type a month. If anybody out there would like to try and pace me (and I know for some of my readers this would be a cake walk) go ahead and comment maybe we can work on the same books together. Just remember I'm a slow reader and can't really compete with a 500 page book that easily.
- Finish the conversion of my VHS videos to digital/DVD - I purchased a vidcap device a couple of months ago and have been converting all of our old VHS videos (vacation and otherwise) over to DVD and to digital. I would like to complete all of them by the end of this year so that I am "up to date" should I want to use the video camera for some new videos.
- Bring "balance to the blog" - In reveiwing my past posts I have noticed that I really don't have much order to my posting. Aside from the movie entries my posts seem to be all over the place, so I'm working on a long term calendar to try and push myself to get everything out there in an orderly fashion. The hope is that with some consistancy and frequency, I would gain more loyal readers and my thoughts would be better organized in the long run.
- Participate in community theater/public performance - I did this last summer with my performance in "Plan 9 the Musical From Outer Space " and had a real good time. It might be difficult with my schedule but I may be able to wiggle out some free time, at least I hope so.
- Write something/film something/do something creative! - Yes I know this has been a resolution of mine in the past but hopefully, with the above "balance to the blog" resolution I will at least be able to post part of a couple of short stories/plays/musicals/films that are rolling around in my head and get some of this energy out there. Plus they say that once it starts going it's hard for it to stop.
-Finish housework - When we bought a house a few years back we had a couple of projects that we said we were going to do to "personalize" our stuff and our space, we haven't really done any of them. Maybe this year we'll get around to starting and possibly completing the list.
I think that's enough to get me started, as I've asked in the past loyal readers, try and keep me honest. Let me know what you think, post a comment, and most of all have a Happy New Year.
No comments:
Post a Comment