Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Run, Robert, Run

So my chronicles of running are documented throughout this blog and my usual disdain as well. However, today I might have actually gotten a "runner's high". It's true that usually I'm timing myself pushing myself to just go that extra bit more, today I didn't. I was going to hit the treadmill and time/pace myself for a 3k during lunch but instead I decided to head outdoors and just run. I had an hour to see how far I could go and make it back in time to go back to work, so I hit the street.

Aside from the exhaust from the city of Columbia it went pretty well. Made it down to campus took a lap around the quad and then headed back up towards CC. Maybe it was getting outside, maybe it was being back on campus, maybe it was seeing the quad once again but it felt pretty good to stretch the legs and get back to the basics. (Now if I could only figure out the post run headaches I'd be golden) In any case it may just be time to run, Robert, run.  

No comments: