I posted a little more than a week ago that I was "distracted" by the events in Japan, I think that distraction has turned into heartbreak. The utmost devastation and sorrow strikes me half a world away and I've tried to change my attention elsewhere but keep hitting a barricade of compassion and helplessness that I cannot pass. I'll I can do is pray and give to organizations that do "God's work" in situations like this.
In any case, I learned long ago not to question where God is in events here at home and around the world. The quest for a significant answer will almost always lead me into a thinking tizzy and a place I don't want to be. However, the question is often asked and peoples all around the world constantly ask it. Yesterday I was surfing trying to get information on the world's events and I found this blog, CNN's "Belief Blog", entertaining this very question on the events of the Tsunami in Japan. It's an interesting look at some of the world's leading experts on faith and their faith's response in times of disaster, specifically the one in Japan.
Although I try not to ask the question, these spiritual leaders bring me comfort in my time of distraction and heartbreak. Maybe their responses will comfort you as well.
1 comment:
Thanks, Robert! Great food for thought.
Post a Comment