Monday, January 05, 2009

Pop Culture Mondays

Yeah so I'm backdating, sue me...it's a resolution I have all year to bring balance, don't I?

Much like "Film Fridays" I'm trying to add a post every other Monday about the "pop culture" goings on in my sphere. So look for a heavy rotation of sports and TV.

Sports - Bowl season is upon us and while Mizzou didn't find their way into a BCS game, again, they did manage to win their bowl game last week. Congrats to the seniors, and I should probably add "J.Mac" who probably won't be back next year. My predictions for the draft; Coffman in the 2nd round to probably the Lions, Chase Daniel 4th round Rams, "Ziggy" Hood, undrafted roster invitee to Tampa Bay, Chase Patton will end up with Houston Texans as a backup and William Moore undrafted roster invitee somewhere. As for "J.Mac" as soon as he declares, 2nd round somewhere (probably Dallas if they ever decide to jettison TO).
- As for "the other major college sport," basketball, the Tigers were off to a good start then they ran into Illinois. It seems they have put that behind them and have regrouped we'll check them out live tomorrow vs. Coppin State.

TV - Two shows I'm watching; Top Chef and Scrubs. Top Chef-Should be interesting to see what the "cheftestants" do when the new judge is entered into the mix, I still like Jamie to win it all but I can see Ariane as a dark horse after all the editing attention she's been getting. Scrubs - is back tomorrow but on a different network, let's see what Bill Lawrence and company have stored up for their "swan song" farewell. I think they have a good start with "Friend" Courtney Cox, stopping by.

Well as Dennis Miller once put it, I...am...outta here. (Before he went all political, look it up)

1 comment:

Ricky said...

The draft is a crapshoot as far as predicting past the 2nd round, but here is my take. Coffman should be a first round, but will go in the second. Maclin is top 10 caliber, but I will say top 20. If he isn't projected first round he says he is staying. I really doubt Daniel gets drafted, not good enough of a senior season. I will say Hood gets drafted but I am unsure of his status. William Moore better get drafted as he was projected as a first round pick preseason. Patton won't get drafted, however, you never know if he could be the next Matt Cassel. I thought 'Spoon would go pro, but I am glad he is sticking around.