Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!! I had thought about doing this post at 12:01 this morning but what kind of loser is at his computer waiting to post a blog entry at the New Year? Yeah I know you're all answering me but too bad! Anywho, as promised,

New Year's Resolutions for 2007;
-Get into shape! (It's a bad thing when your dog runs away for a little bit in the neighborhood and when you run after him to catch him your heart is pounding and you can't breathe at all)
-Read more and conversely, watch less TV. (I figured if I shoot for one book a month that would be a good start, if I switch one night of crappy TV watching to one night of reading I might actually be able to get it done.)
-Write something (A local theater has a playwriting contest it does every year I'm thinking about taking a stab at entering the contest...it's due in June so, loyal readers, keep me honest)
-Attend a "civic meeting" at least twice a month (Not only is this good citizenship but it's good for my career too, however most of these meetings happen at night so once again this cuts down on the TV time)
-Make a budget, stick to said budget, save money with said budget. (Pretty self explanatory but difficult with my lack of discipline)
-Enjoy the moment (I think it's all too easy for people of my age and my generation to always be preparing for the next step. Preperation is good but when I'm overly concerned with "what's next?" life continues to pass me by)
-Blog more (It's not like I don't have anything to say!)

Well those are my resolutions, what are yours? Any advice on how to stick to 'em? I'd love to hear from you the reader in this New Year too. Happy New Year and all the best in 2007

No comments: