Monday, April 16, 2007

Question of the Week (Week 12)

Alright so I realize that I didn't write a response to last week's question that has been remedied. Anyway in light of my recent trip to Chicago, what is your favorite thing about Chicago?
(Kropp let's try and limit it to one thing...alright you can do one of each thing e.g. restaurant, attraction, museum, sporting venue, place with the kids etc.) If you haven't been, what's the thing you want to see most in Chicago?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lake effect. Yup...that's what I love the most about Chi-town. You go for Spring Break and your friends coming back with tans who were in MO wonder why you have wind burn and a cold - oh, yeah gotta love that lake effect!!!

Ian said...

The Bean!

Anonymous said...

It's a real city. We stay up late here - I like that. The food is great, the people are nice, and yes, there is that big lake.

I love that I can walk right down my street and get sushi at midnight or later if I feel like it.

Sure, the Cubs lose quite a bit, but I'd much rather sit on a nice sunny day at Wrigley and watch them lose then sit in just about every other ball park in the country to watch that team win. And in Chicago after the game is over, there is still quite a bit to do, unlike many smaller cities that completely shut down at 9pm. And if the Cubs are really horrible, we can go to 35th and the Ryan and watch the Sox.

Due's is my fav for pizza - there are many - Lou Malnati's, Eduardo's, Gino's, Girdano's, Uno's - but the ovens Due's at 619 N. Wabsh are the hottest, and Eddie the bartender is the coolest in the city.

Smith and Wolenski's makes a pretty good steak, as does the Chop House, but they can't beat the one I make with my authentic Chicago built Weber grill.

We have public trans that works (mostly) here, and that can't be said about many places other than NYC or DC.

I could go on, but I won't.