The drought is over! Yes the National League finally pulled one out off the backs of Brian McCann and, the improbable, Marlon Byrd.
I must admit it was a good game pitching wise and I was actually surprised that there wasn't even one home run hit. Yeah there were a couple of deeply hit balls but none crossed over the fence. The Cards faired alright with Waino striking out two and Yadi and Holliday both going 1 for 1. Pujols has had better performances and I'm pretty sure he'll have more opportunities to fix his All Star game reputation.
Most impressive to me was Rolen's hustle and Byrd's awareness, not that throwing Big Papi out is difficult but it did show that Byrd had his head in the game. Biggest dissapointment, Joey Votto, I even voted for the guy thinking he got the shaft but after his reaction I probably would have pulled it back. In the long run though step one is completed, the National League won, now onto step two...the Card's getting to the series.

No comments:
Post a Comment