Monday, February 12, 2007

"Playful" Weekend

Every once in a while you get to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the weekend with your friends and family...this was not one of those weekends. Although I did get to spend some time with my friends and family this weekend, like many in days past, I worked as well...yippie.

Anywho Friday was the Truman School alumni reunion in Jeff City at the Governor's Mansion which was interesting but a little too stuffy for my taste. In any case the wife and I went with some friends, and soaked in the atmostsphere it was kinda bland, however, connections were made and maintained. Afterwards there was dinner with "Slash" that was awesome. Toss in the ol' smores maker and you have yourself one bad @&$ night.

Saturday started at work and my housekeepers stepped it up and got us out of there by 3:00 so we could catch the MU/KU game...I should have stayed at work! Then it was dinner at Dad and Jane's with friends and family followed by my Dad's performance at the Columbia Entertainment Company in "The Mousetrap." It was a pretty good performance and Dad, to quote my brother Gary, "was goofy." As well he should have been based on his character. Congrats Dad and all the cast. Then is was off to Flat Branch which is becoming the customary dining facility when friends and family come to town, love those pretzels and "spinach and cheese dipping sauce" too bad we can't quite get that temperature right on those.

Sunday...not too eventful, work, then grocery shopping for the week let's hope we make it all the way through. There was also the little event known as the Grammy's which was pretty good, I have to five a shout out to the Dixie Chicks who pretty much stole the show and I guess I would have to say I told you so! Music with a purpose always beats out crap with a beat and that's it. Just my personal opinion. After I re-type my review of their "Grammy Award" winning album "Taking the Long Way" I'll throw it back up on the blog. Until then, Happy Valentine's Day (or as I'm calling it pitchers and catchers reporting day) and don't forget the question of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Dixie Chicks rock and STL and KC lost out BIG time by not honoring their scheduled preformances! Stupid radio stations - I'm boycotting them...well, I guess I never really listened to them, but I hope this was a big "I told you so" to them. For some reason I think they come from the same school of thought as W...I'm right and I always will be, so those who disagree with me don't exist. It's that whole out of sight out of mind thing...