Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Status Check - New Year's Resolutions

It's important to celebrate the little goals, or so they say. Whoever, they may be so I'm posting a review and a grade of how I did on my resolutions, month one.

If I had to grade myself I would give myself a C+, I hit an average amount of them but I didn't get to all of them as well as I should.
  • Run a 5k and get healthy -I have been running every other day and I can kind of see the light at the end of the tunnel with the 5k. However it is true that every once in a while I say to myself, "What the hell am I doing this for?"
  • Read two books a month - I'm failing miserably here, probably because I haven't quite worked out a good routine for going to the gym at the same time. I haven't even finished one book and to be honest haven't really read a page from any of the books I've been working on.
  • Convert old VHS to digital and DVD - Haven't done anything on this one either, but the desk is clean to put the computer on while doing the conversions so that has to count for something, right?
  • Bring balance to the blog - I still have a little more work to be done here but I think that I've done a pretty good job of not going to long without a post and having a general theme to my "ramblings."
  • Participate in Community Theater - Well I can check this one off early, I've been cast in Picasso at the Lapin Agile it's a "smaller" role but a role none the less now just to memorize my lines before it's too late. On another note go ahead and mark your calendars if anything to see the "beauty" of community theater, and applaud the risk.
  • Write/Film/do something creative - Not doing well on this one either, I've had a couple more ideas but still just running around in my head. They torment me like the proverbial boulder of Sisyphus.
  • Finish housework - Kinda did this when our old TV crapped out and we had to buy a new one but alas the real goals have yet to be met. I haven't even bought the material to accomplish my domestic tasks.

So there's the update let's hope next month's is better.

No comments: