Nothing like waiting to the last minute, but I was trying to get in as many flicks as possible before I pulled my picks. Alright here's how this will work, category, then nominees, bold and blue, the one I think will win, italic, the one I want to win. (So if you're keeping score, which I know everyone is, the bold ones are my official "picks") I'll only pick the categories that I've seen a good number of the performances or films as a whole. (Updated 2/23/09 * Denotes winner)
Animated Feature: Bolt, Kung-Fu Panda, Wall-E *.
Original Score: Benjamin Button, Defiance, Milk, Slumdog Millionaire *, Wall-E
Original Song: "Down to Earth" Wall-E, "Jai Ho" Slumdog *, "O Saya" Slumdog
Sound Editing: The Dark Knight *, Iron Man, Slumdog Millionaire, Wall-E, Wanted.
Sound Mixing: Benjamin Button, The Dark Knight, Slumdog Millionaire *, Wall-E, Wanted
Visual Effects: Benjamin Button *, The Dark Knight, Iron Man
Screenplay, Adapted: Benjamin Button, Doubt, Frost/Nixon, The Reader, Slumdog Millionaire *
Screenplay, Original: Frozen River, Happy-Go-Lucky, In Bruges, Milk *, Wall-E,
Actor, Leading: Richard Jenkins-The Visitor, Frank Langelia-Frost/Nixon, Sean Penn-Milk *, Brad Pitt-Benjamin Button, Mickey Rourke-Wrestler
Actor, Support: Josh Brolin-Milk, Robert Downey Jr.-Tropic Thunder, Philip Seymore Hoffman-Doubt, Heath Ledger-The Dark Knight *, Michael Shannon-Revolutionary Road
Actress, Supporting: Amy Adams-Doubt, Penelope Cruz-Vicky Christina Barcelona *, Viola Davis-Doubt, Taraji P. Henson-Benjamin Button, Marisa Tomei-Wrestler
Actress, Leading: Anne Hathaway-Rachel Getting Married, Angelina Jolie-Changeling, Melissa Leo-Frozen River, Meryl Streep-Doubt, Kate Winslet-The Reader*
Directing: Benjamin Button, Frost/Nixon, Milk, The Reader, Slumdog Millionaire*
Best Picture: Benjamin Button, Frost/Nixon, Milk, The Reader, Slumdog Millionaire*
(This is the hardest pick because I have this giant fear like in MLB MVP voting that the "big three" Reader, Slumdog, and Milk might split the vote and make Button the best picture which I'm pretty sure was not the best picture!)
Should be fun...I'll be watching...will you?
1 comment:
Update: 6-14, not good, but I think I should get credit for Original song they're both quite alike! Took a risk going against Ledger but Dark Knight didn't get much love outside that.
Post a Comment