Last week's Question - Is Valentine's Day a "Real" Holiday?
Last week's Answers - Yes, it's great to celebrate our loves - 0, No, singles' awareness day is overrated - 1, Eh, get at card and get over it - 2, The feds don't have it off, so nope! - 0, I don't know but it sure as hell is hard to get a table - 2.
3 comments:
This is a comment for your current question. You failed to mention best original song or soundtrack. Those are the most underrated oscars in the bunch. Imagine your favorite music without a soundtrack, hard to do huh. Just something to think about.
Pat
Alright I'll give you the best original score category, but I don't really agree with you on the song. The academy just can't seem to get any ot those right. Just look at the past 5 years;
(2003) "Into the West" — The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, I mean I loved the movie but the song didn't have much to do with it.
(2004) "Al otro lado del río (On the Other Side of the River)" — The Motorcycle Diaries, pretty weak selection this year but still! I guess I'm glad they didn't give it to "Phantom" though.
(2005) "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" — Hustle & Flow, really 3-6 mafia gets one and Martin Scorsese doesn't. (up until that point)
(2006) "I Need to Wake Up" — An Inconvenient Truth, beat out all the Dreamgirls songs.
(2007) "Falling Slowly" — Once, which I believe won because it wasn't Disney.
This year it doesn't seem like there's much relief. While the music from Slumdog is good and unique and Down to Earth is also good, they don't play a pivotal "role" in the films. I thought that was the point of the category.
Best adapted screenplay, taking a book to screen isn't an easy thing to do. There's such a high expectation.
Post a Comment