Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Question of the Week (Week 9)

In honor of the theme park vacation; what is your favorite theme park ride or memory?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My bro-in-law Brendan were behind a guy from Nebraska (or some state like it) in line for food at Busch Gardens a few years ago, and we both laughed quite vocally when the clerk behind the counter gave him his total for burgers and fries - somewhere near $150. I think it might have actually been $158.75.

He was a big guy, and he had a big family of what looked like 6 kids, but we thought that was altogether insane.

Living in Florida has made me completely loathe anything to do with extortionist theme parks. If I ever pass on to what could be the next life and I see Mickey at the front door, I'll know exactly where I ended up - in hell.

Anonymous said...

I meant to say my bro-in-law Brendan and I.

Anonymous said...

I will respectivefully disagree with you, Kropp. I love theme parks...I can completely get away from it all and be submerged in some other reality for awhile. I have a hard time picking favorite rides/attractions, but it is ultimately Space Mountain at WDW. I could ride that over and over and over and over and over...

Anonymous said...

Anything in Cedar Point is good for me. I especially loved the Mean Streak wooden coaster and the Gemini where two cars raced each other. So cool!

I haven't been to a new amusement park in ages!

Klick4MU said...

I was doing this week and I realized I never answered last weeks so here you go, currently I'm a fan of the Disney Parks probably because when we go...we GO. We pay in advance and use the transportation and we don't turn on the TV. Disney is great at helping you forget about everyday life. I would have to say the "most fun" roller coaster I've ever been on is "Top Gun" at Kings Island but my favorite attractions lately have been "Philharmagic" and "Muppet Theater 4-D"

Anonymous said...

I actually like Space Mountain - I'm old enough to remember when you had to sit with your legs around the person in front of you - they didin't have the seatbacks separating the riders. Unfourtunately at the time, I was too young to really have fun with it.

The Hulk ride at Islands of Adventure is one pretty cool coaster as well. I haven't been to Cedar Point lately, but my sister lives very close and they have some cool new coasters.

As for getting away from it all - I just can't do it at a hot, overly crowded theme park. I could when I was 5, but not anymore.

When I was a kid and went once every few years or so it was actually fun. The last five years spent living in the hell and cultural wasteland that is Florida though, where I'd have to go 6 times a year with the people who would come down and use the house as a hotel, got a bit tiresome.