Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Back from some much needed R & R
















Alright so I know I missed my weekly Sunday/Monday post and the question of the week but that's because I was on vacation. Yes the wife, my brother, our friend, the mother-in-law and I all hopped on the plane down to Florida to take in some spring training action. As you can tell by the pic, we did a little bit more. The first two games on Friday and Saturday were in Orlando at the Wide World of Sports so we decided to take in a little bit more. We had never been to Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure and since they were cheap ($83 for a 7 day pass) we decided to take them in. I would have to say my favorite rides at each of the parks were Shrek 4-D and Spiderman respectively with honorable mentions to The Mummy, Men In Black and the Jurassic Park rides as well. When we weren't at the theme parks we were watching the Cardinals play a little ball. Although the first game ended in a tie, and I hate ties, the Cardinals played well and when you hear the crack of the bat you know that all is right in the world...at least for the next 3 hours while you're at the game. The then followed up the tie with two wins one in Orlando and the next in Jupiter. Aside from the traffic in the "Sunshine State" the visit was pretty fun and a good distraction from the everyday life rut we seemingly were in. Now nose will once again be introduced to the grindstone and we're living from vacation to vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CARDS! Yeah vacation rules, responsibility of teaching, overrated.
Pat

Anonymous said...

Good thing not many of your readers will know who that is in the picture with you or I might have to put a contract out on you!:)