I was all set to let you all know about the Netflix we watched on Friday, however, last night's TV was pretty awesome.

Planet Earth: The Discovery Channel started a new 11-part mini series last night called Planet Earth and even though I don't have a HDTV some of these shots were simply amazing. I already have gift on my Christmas list I want this series, now the only thing I have to do is find which HDTV I want to buy and then how to finance this purchase as well. The only critique I have of the special is that they kept tooting their own horn. Every once in a while they would say things like "this is the first time this has ever been caught on film" or "this is very rare in the world" I know the point they were trying to make, conservation and extinction, but it kinda got annoying. Anyway last night's intro was "Pole to Pole," "The Mountains," and "The Deep Sea" some of these shots were simply amazing. Our planet is simply amazing.
Joined for Life: Abby and Brittany Turn 16: TLC aired this show was about a set of conjoined twins who amazingly, made it to the age of 16. In actuality I feel bad about posting this (because they don't want to be photographed or taped simply because of their unique physical situation) but the show was both inspiring and haunting at the same time. The girls each had individual hearts, heads, lungs and upper intestines but below that they shared inside organs and each "controlled" a side of the body. They showed how they live a normal life which was the inspiring part, however the haunting part is their uncertain future and the challenges they will inevitably face. Simply amazing.
So long story short, we never made it to the taped Amazing Race, oh well, there's always tomorrow.
Planet Earth: The Discovery Channel started a new 11-part mini series last night called Planet Earth and even though I don't have a HDTV some of these shots were simply amazing. I already have gift on my Christmas list I want this series, now the only thing I have to do is find which HDTV I want to buy and then how to finance this purchase as well. The only critique I have of the special is that they kept tooting their own horn. Every once in a while they would say things like "this is the first time this has ever been caught on film" or "this is very rare in the world" I know the point they were trying to make, conservation and extinction, but it kinda got annoying. Anyway last night's intro was "Pole to Pole," "The Mountains," and "The Deep Sea" some of these shots were simply amazing. Our planet is simply amazing.
Joined for Life: Abby and Brittany Turn 16: TLC aired this show was about a set of conjoined twins who amazingly, made it to the age of 16. In actuality I feel bad about posting this (because they don't want to be photographed or taped simply because of their unique physical situation) but the show was both inspiring and haunting at the same time. The girls each had individual hearts, heads, lungs and upper intestines but below that they shared inside organs and each "controlled" a side of the body. They showed how they live a normal life which was the inspiring part, however the haunting part is their uncertain future and the challenges they will inevitably face. Simply amazing.
So long story short, we never made it to the taped Amazing Race, oh well, there's always tomorrow.
1 comment:
Planet Earth looks absolutely sick in HD. It's too bad it's only 1080i and not full 1080p.
Post a Comment