Alright well this has been long overdue, and I'm all caught up at work so here we go;
First and foremost I must "question the fanhood" of the University of Missouri Basketball Fans. We were 'fortunate' enough to get tickets to the MU vs kU basketball game which usually is a really good time however, I must say that I was very disappointed in the fans. The team did remarkably well against the "#3" team (at the time) in the country but the fans did a awful job of supporting their team. Rule number 1 that was broken, you stand during the last minute of play in ANY HALF but especially when you're leading in the last few minutes going into the half. Rule number 2 that was broken, when your team is on a 8-2 run in basketball you get your butt out of the seat. Finally, rule number 3 that was broken, this is MU vs. kU there should be extra motivation when it comes to making them miss shots, especially free throws. When the other team is looking your direction under the basket TRY TO DISTRACT THEM just don't sit there sucking on your diet coke!
Next, as the NFL season comes to a close my team, the Packers...don't question my fanhood on this, I've been a fan since the early 90's...almost made it to the big game. However, they didn't and I must say that Tynes had a pretty clutch kick in overtime, the Giants earned it and now I hope they crush the cheating Patriots. You can't beat that and Favre was just being Favre. He's a gunslinger and that's how you live or die in football, unfortunately they were shot down this year but I have hope that he'll be back next year to lead the way back to the Superbowl.
Bye Bye Birdies; Alright can anyone tell me what the heck is going on in the front office of the St. Louis Cardinals? As of right now it seems that John Mozeliak is just trying to prove that he's not Walt Jocketty. He seems to be doing so by trading players and giving a "new look" to the team. I'm ok with a couple of the moves, Edmonds and Eckstein, and I can see where he's going with the Rolen trade, the only problem if he keeps it up the fans might not have any idea who's on the team and therefore not show up at the games. I am happy that they sured up the cornerstone of the defense, Molina, but some of his promotions might want to kick butt especially when we play the Pirates and Devil Rays halfway through May.
Finally, and I really can't believe this is a story...wait it's Burke, yes I can. What's the deal with SLU coach Rick Majerus? He was spotted at a Hillary Clinton rally and now the full wrath of Archbishop Burke is coming down on him...why is this a story? Part of me says that Majerus should have seen this coming and should have kept his mouth shut but the other part of me sides with St. Louis sports columnist Brian Burwell; "socially conscious athletes and coaches were (are)considered admirable, though controversial. From Muhammad Ali to Arthur Ashe, from Billie Jean King to Bill Bradley, from John Thompson to Dean Smith, these courageous men and women were always willing to step out and speak up.You don't have to agree with a man or woman's politics to admire their resolve. In fact, one of the best things that ever happened to this country was when athletes set the tone for a country where we used to feel it was not only a right, but also a duty, to be visible participants in the political process. (Stltoday)" If you want to fire Majerus, fire him for his team's lackluster performance on the court note the (George Washington game) not because he showed up at a rally for a political candidate or because he expressed his opinion. Come on, give me a break!
3 comments:
Oh man, when you wrote "new look" I thought they were going to change the uniforms. You almost gave me a heart attack.
I actually like Mo's moves. Rolen was hard to trade, but we got some value for him. Edmonds is declining. I would have kept Eckstein, but we upgraded at defense. Clement is a decent risk. I think we will be fine between Schumaker and Rasmus in Center. We are 1 pitcher away from being competative. (read third place instead of 5th)
As for Burke, for someone that sticks his nose in politics as much as he does, he is terrible at politics. No tact, no pastoral instincts. I agree Majerus was dumb, but Burke could have handled this with a statement, not a contreversy!
Edmonds is going to have a kick ass year, and the Padres are going all the way Baby. You heard it here first.
Post a Comment