
"National Treasure: Book of Secrets" - Starring Nicholas Cage, Justin Bartha, Diane Kruger and Ed Harris, with Jon Voight, Helen Mirren and Harvey Keitel, directed by Jon Turteltaub.
It's not unusual in today's "Hollywood" to have a sequel, what is rare is one that will live up to the original, so rare that I can't remember the last one that did. "Book of Secrets" is keeping the streak alive. While the movie was entertaining it was predictable in a "goodie two shoes" kinda way. Yes I know it was a Disney movie and yes I know it was designed to be a family friendly good for the holidays type of movie but I was a little bit disappointed. The first one twisted history but also allowed the viewer to be twisted with it, "Book of Secrets" stretched the audience too far. The story throws patrons into areas of unbelievability; Buckingham Palace, the Oval Office, secret rooms of Martha's Vineyard as well as other places of American history. The cast's performance was fine enough and entertaining and the production company resisted the urge to go into relying on computer graphics and crazy stunts that require green screens and processors so I commend them for that. However, it wasn't nearly as good as the original, it lacked in comic timing, dramatic tension and mental mystery in the puzzles that are needing to be solved. I hope the inevitable 3rd instalment will bring back the excitement, mystery and entertainment of the first. 3.5/5 Remotes
2 comments:
"areas of unbelievability", I'm pretty sure I've read about most of these things on Wikipedia and I KNOW that you hold everything on Wikipedia to be true, thus "Book of Secrets" is a true story so you must bring your rating up to a 5!
Alright "anonymous" you just need to get over the fact that my wife beat you at your own game and that she was right about Meg's wedding on Family Guy! Then you can start using Wikipedia to defend your arguments again.
Post a Comment