Field of Dreams, why it gives me hope, I'm a baseball fan and the familial relationships within the film are accurately portrayed and relative to my life. Plus James Earl Jones is really cool.
Oh, man. This is hard. I many other favorites for many reasons, but if I have to pick just one...
A movie that's been stuck in my brain since 2003 has been Lost in Translation. I love it despite its flaws (namely, some undercurrents of racism). It really embodies the sense of being a stranger in a strange land, a feeling that I find very exciting but which makes me quite fearful. It was a major influence in my decision to apply for the internship in Japan. Too bad I didn't get it!
Note that I reserve the right to change my mind about this at any time.
Grease. I mean, afterall, it's "The Word", and who doesn't love a great reinactment of Summer Dreams, Grease Lightening and The Hand Jive - I mean no wedding reception or dance would be complete without it.
I can't say that I could select a favorite movie, if I could then I would probably own just one movie, but alas I own about 100 of them!! Now if you asked what was your favorite movie set in an office (Office Space) or favorite movie set in a galaxy far far away (Star Wars). You also have other favorite movies; Lord of the Rings trilogy, Pirates.
Although, the greatest movie of all time would have to be Citizen Kane. It combines revolutionary cinematography with the theme that a man's life cannot be summed up by one word.
Hmmm, I dont actually watch movies. I find them to be for a "different" class. I prefer to read books about movies and have people act them out for me. I find it much more pretentious. But if I had to pick a favorite movie of all time, it would have to be Citizen Kane. It is so deep and filled with so much symbolism.
6 comments:
Field of Dreams, why it gives me hope, I'm a baseball fan and the familial relationships within the film are accurately portrayed and relative to my life. Plus James Earl Jones is really cool.
Oh, man. This is hard. I many other favorites for many reasons, but if I have to pick just one...
A movie that's been stuck in my brain since 2003 has been Lost in Translation. I love it despite its flaws (namely, some undercurrents of racism). It really embodies the sense of being a stranger in a strange land, a feeling that I find very exciting but which makes me quite fearful. It was a major influence in my decision to apply for the internship in Japan. Too bad I didn't get it!
Note that I reserve the right to change my mind about this at any time.
Grease. I mean, afterall, it's "The Word", and who doesn't love a great reinactment of Summer Dreams, Grease Lightening and The Hand Jive - I mean no wedding reception or dance would be complete without it.
I can't say that I could select a favorite movie, if I could then I would probably own just one movie, but alas I own about 100 of them!! Now if you asked what was your favorite movie set in an office (Office Space) or favorite movie set in a galaxy far far away (Star Wars). You also have other favorite movies; Lord of the Rings trilogy, Pirates.
Although, the greatest movie of all time would have to be Citizen Kane. It combines revolutionary cinematography with the theme that a man's life cannot be summed up by one word.
Way too many movies that I love to actually mention just one! Sorry! I DO love watching movies!
Hmmm, I dont actually watch movies. I find them to be for a "different" class. I prefer to read books about movies and have people act them out for me. I find it much more pretentious. But if I had to pick a favorite movie of all time, it would have to be Citizen Kane. It is so deep and filled with so much symbolism.
Post a Comment