Many things are changing, many things are growing, many things are becoming real but they are doing so slowly.
Anyone who knows me knows that I have always had an itching, a pulse, a twitch to be constantly in motion, very rarely stopping to take a break and enjoy the world around me. This is both my blessing and my curse. My blessing because I constantly seek ways of improving things, ways to make them better. My curse because I never truly appreciate what I have accomplished, or the world around me for beauty in what it presently is. As a late teen and an early twenty-something I had trouble finding the balance. This led to "funks" and troughs, as well as euphoric crests and pleasant peaks. More recently I have found myself more measured and settled, but alas I believe a funk is once again upon me. It's not as if wonderful things are not on the horizon, they are, but that horizon seems far, far away. Patience, patience...I must learn patience.
My quest to be in motion to make things better, to bring happiness, is getting the better of me and my inability so see progress is taking its toll I need to pull it back and bring in the measured "middle ground." So I'll try to get the blood flowing again by picking up the pace in morning workouts, pulling ahead of everything at work and preparing for our new addition come October. Yet, much like young Luke, in order to do great things and bring balance, I must learn patience. My only question is; how long will I have to wait?
No comments:
Post a Comment