Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Once - The Movie (200 Posts, really?)


"Once" - Starring Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova written and directed by John Carney. With the netflix queue being extremely long I have learned that I should not review all of the movies that come across the ol' DVD/Blue Ray playlist, but this one has struck a "chord" or more appropriately a heart string. While the movie is a modern day musical that tells the story of "guy" meets "girl" the music is what is so strong and inspiring. The movie itself tells of their remarkable week in which they meet, strike up a friendship, record an album and all the rest but the soundtrack steals the show. The music, which some will argue is the only reason to watch the film, remained with me long after the final credits wrapped, so much so that I had to purchase it as soon as possible. Although, since I am such a techno-infant, the I-tunes soundtrack that was burned cannot play on all my "antique" CD players. No bother, I bought the CD. Yes they do still sell them at stores. Anyway back to the movie, the acting was fine and the story well enough crafted but it was definitely overshadowed by the strong songs and soundtrack. 3.5/5 Remotes

No comments: