As for this posting I thought I would update myself on my New Year's goals and post some new "random" info.
"Goal Grading"
- Run the 5k, as of right now my best time is 27:15, I'm hoping to shave the 15 seconds off the end and see if I can get under a 9 minute mile. Not bad for an exercise induced asthmatic but that's no excuse and I'm trying to push myself harder. I've taken up swimming and I'm thinking about adding cycling to the mix to try and maybe, just maybe work my way up to a triathlon. B+ we'll see what happens on Saturday.
- 2 Books a month, isn't happening. Still yearning for the inquisitive mind of my youth where I devoured 2 books a week. Granted, they weren't the "hardest" books in the batch to digest, but the hunger was still there. F, need to bring this up.
- Convert VHS to DVD, ain't happening either. Hopefully with the "nesting" of the study into a nursery I'll jump on this since the materials are out on the "dinner" table. F, bah!
- Bring balance to the blog, I've been better. I was going at a pretty good clip for a while, but that came to a screeching halt, I need to have better time management that's for sure. However, if you've noticed I have added a couple of sites to the blog roll, welcome Amy and Ben, I hope you don't outshine me too much. C- (I have to give myself some credit here)
- Participate in community theater, well Picasso was a blast and I have an audition on Sunday to see if I can do another show. I guess if that happens it would be extra credit for the goal sheet right? A, check.
- Write/Film/Do something creative, we've cleaned out the study to turn it into a nursery from there we'll have to paint the walls, does that count? D, some ideas nothing concrete.
- Finish Housework, nesting projects have begun. They are however in progress so I can't give myself anything higher than a C-. Along the same lines, does anyone know an inexpensive electrician in Columbia who might want to take a look at some ceiling fans?
"Random Info"
- Cards are off to a 7-3 start, which ain't too bad, hopefully they can keep it up. I'm agreeing with Michael that Thurston should become our everyday 3rd basemen, maybe even after Glaus comes back.
- I'm not dead last in my fantasy league but give me time it's still early.
- The aforementioned theme of the nursery is "It's A Small World" if anyone really cares.
- Liking the MarioKart for Wii, it's no "School bus" or "Penguin" but it has some potential with cows and goombas!
4 comments:
Are you linked to the internet for Mario Kart Wii?!?!?!?
I'm impressed about your 5k. I couldn't do it. I am readying 2.5 books per month, mostly because it's easy to read during whatever movie the kids watch before bed.
What What What?! You are having a baby!!! Well, your wife is having a baby, that is?! So very exciting, congratulations! :D
Good luck on Saturday and then on Sunday! I thought the try-outs were on Saturday after the 5K run? You can do it...remember...I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...I know I can!
Ricky, I've never been able to really access the WiFi on the Wii while playing a game but in theory we are up to snuff on that. As for the books I'm trying to get up earlier to move that along.
Amy, yes my wife is pregnant and we're due in October, it's exciting, nerve wrecking, and humbling all at the same time.
Anonymous, my rhythm is a litte bit more than I think I can...I think I can, but I appreciate the support, and the auditions are technically both days and I'm gonna go on Sunday to hopefully be well rested after the run.
Post a Comment