Daily Show:
| The Daily Show With Jon Stewart | M - Th 11p / 10c | |||
| Tempest in a Tea Party | ||||
| ||||
Things of note: Was this "sponsored?" Is it a good idea to protest waste by creating waste? Where was this when our taxes were high and the money went to fight a war that some of the country said no to? If you didn't before catch the rest of the show and like Jon feel a little bit better about TARP and the subsequent bailouts.
Colbert Report:
| The Colbert Report | Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c | |||
| Tax Atax | ||||
| ||||
Things of Note: Does "Faux" news (Specifically Glenn Beck) know anything about history? Is this really taxation without representation, like the first "tea party"?
The National Budget Pictograph Flow Chart : Posted By Stephen, borrowed from Andrew Sullivan.
Things of Note: Officer and Enlisted pay has gone up (as well it should) but the reservists pay for the Marine core is down. Corporation for Public Broadcasting (-55%), Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation (-50%), National Endowment for the Arts (-12%), Office on Violence Against Women (-27%), Safe and Drug Free Schools (-59%) all down in funding.
__________________________________________________________________
Personal note: I don't mind paying taxes, sure sometimes it irks me that I have to pay either the state or the feds, but I know for the most part it's going to help other people. How much or how little it helps people and how much is for running the government, and how much is necessary in the role of government that's debatable, but for the most part it helps people. The thing that pisses me off about taxes is the disparity in fairness. I think I should be able to claim just as much as anyone else and not have the loopholes that people making more money get, make it a flat tax percentage. That way I pay as much as Bill Gates if that were to happen, I suppose I'll be alright, yet, when he can write off 39 cents for his dollar given to charity and I can only write off 28 cents, that's not fair either let me claim 39 cents or make him only claim 28 cents too. It just make sense and it makes me feel better that the President agrees with that too. (Look at Mike Allen's question from Politico)
No comments:
Post a Comment