
5. Brett Favre - Why not? He's newly retired, knows the game pretty well, and obviously can't stay away from the game for that long. Everybody knows Brett's "everyman" quality and I'm sure the Sunday Night in America group could stand to grab a little more ratings. The ratings would surely jump when women would turn it on to see Brett and to hear his "southern drawl." I think it's a perfect replacement after all John Madden seemed to be Brett's #1 fan.

4. Colin Cowherd - First of all most people know that Cowherd's a football 'homer'. He can't stand the refs in basketball, the Olympics "are cool for about 8 minutes every 4 years", and he only covers baseball because he has to. While technically really a NCAA guy everyone has to grow up sometime and I think this would do him well to learn from the straight shooter Michaels.

3. Mike Ditka - I know "the Coach" is considering a run into politics but I think he should stick to what he knows, football. He gave it a go on ESPN for the "second Monday Night Football" game. I think he would make it nice and colorful every Sunday night. Plus that would also mean that it might be possible to bring back the super fans on Saturday Night Live.

2. Pam Oliver - She's the best sideline talent that Fox has so NBC should take a stab at getting her up in the booth. It seems as though the players actually respect her enough to give her interviews so she has that going for her, she would just need to put in a little time to learn the "X's and O's" on the field. (Heck I think all these guys with the exception of Ditka might need to brush up on that) Plus, I know she would also be a better sight to see than Colinsworth throughout the game.

1. Mike Golic - I would hate to break up the Mike and Mike crew but I don't see both of them making the switch to a different network and going solely to football. They could stick to it and make Mondays their day off and still do Mike and Mike in the mornings. With that being said Golic still knows his stuff, and he's likable. For the football jugheads he can breakdown the plays, for the rest of us he can make us laugh. Hey if he did make the switch maybe NBC could get nutrasystem to sponsor "football night in America".
2 comments:
Wow, good topic. I wanna say that the analyst is always ALWAYS a former player/coach. So that strikes Oliver and Cowherd. While I really like Golic, I think Ditka would be the better analyst. I really like those "I'm gonna say what I'm gonna say" type guys on TV. Like Bob Knight. Hate him as a coach, love him on TV. Otherwise, I like the choice of Collinsworth even though he is a bit too smug for my taste.
I second Rick. Collinsworth is a good choice. That being said, why don't they just go with Frank Calliendo. He does a damn good Madden so we probably wouldn't even miss him, and we could get the former President in there every once in a while for a cameo, or stupid saying. It could be fun.
Post a Comment