Monday, September 01, 2008

An Update

It's been a while since I posted but I figured I would use the day off to fire the ol' blog back up. Here are a couple of things I've been following.
  • The Olympics - now that they're over the sleeping patterns have finally returned to normal and we can return to the rest of the world outside of the every 2 year extravaganza of culture, competition, and contention. Some great story lines and awesome results as well as some controversies to be dealt with as well. Ricky's post has a pretty good wrap up...so since he "scooped" me on the story I'll give him props and provide a link to his page here.
  • The Democratic National Convention - Wow, some great and inspiring speeches, yeah I know I'm a sucker and whole lot of people don't care at all but if you weren't paying attention there were some amazing speeches and some ideas about how government can work for good and better the people as opposed to being oppressive and dreary. (As a side note...since when has being a popular leader, a 'celebrity', been a bad thing? Last time I checked a leader should be inspiring and lead a greater group of people not the itty bitty elites.)
  • Sarah Palin, John McCain's VP pick - Ok, you're a 'maverick' we get it, now you have 'goose' to go with it. I'm just a political novice but I don't think you're gonna pick up "Hillary" voters with a woman who is pro-gun, pro-life, pro-oil, pro-big business, and pro-"moose burger." I think that's a pretty shallow view of women that they're just going to vote for another woman. Maybe that's just me though or not.
  • My 10 year High School Reunion - Alright I still don't know if I want to go, you hear that everyone goes to their 10 year and it's something like a right of passage in American culture but I'm not sure it's worth the money. (Yeah ok call me cheap but I can have more guaranteed fun for less than $85 a person) I don't know I just don't want it ending up like Grosse Pointe Blank, Romy and Michele's High School Reunion or anything. That's it I guess I'll make it the question of the week, let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Ricky said...

I can't make the reunion, so there's one less reason to go.

My favorite line has been that Obama is "too presidential too quickly" responding to him meeting with foreign dignitaries. I agree, how is this bad? Heaven forbid Obama try to patch up some of our foreign relations!

I like the quote from McCain about how he doesn't know how many houses he owns. It's ok to forget how many shoes you own. Not houses.