Monday, November 12, 2007

Lions for Lambs


"Lions for Lambs" - Starring Robert Redford, Meryl Streep, and Tom Cruise with Michael Pena , Derek Luke, and Andrew Garfield, written by Matthew Michael Carnahan and Directed by Robert Redford.
This movie is billed as a political drama but is more along the lines of a conversation that needs to be enacted among the American populace. Redford directs this simple but direct and engaging film that acts as a medium for discussion and debate. The films questions many of the players and actors within America's War on Terror. Whether your beliefs coincide with the media (Streep), the government (Cruise), the academic (Redford), the soldiers (Pena and Luke) or the student (Garfield) you will empathize with all of them. Hiding in each of the performances is a little bit of humanity that pulls at the identity of the individual audience member and touches some emotion within them. The film draws the audience into a discussion that needs to last longer than the 88 minute running time. It promotes emotion and rationale at the same time and leads the viewer down a path of self-discovery and edification. I feel that the movie does an excellent job of not answering questions but instead of asking them. Its simplicity triggers the mind in every direction with historic references and fantastic views of the future. The "dialogue" inspires action from those with the courage and the potential to act while the pace enacts the viewer to continue throughout the story wondering how the questions are answered and although many of the plot questions come to sharp conclusions the greater ideas, beliefs, concepts and polices remain for each individual to answer. 4/5 remotes (would be greater if the screenings were coupled with discussions and modes of imminent action and dialogue)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow

I can't believe you posted another blog. I haven't looked at this thing in ages.

Did I tell you one of the new guys that I work with is a MIZZOU alum. He has season tickets to everything (one of his sisters & her family live in Columbia).

Plus season tickets to Blues, Rams, & yes my beloved Cardinals.

Went to my first Hockey game with Patrick a couple of weeks ago.

It was fun.

Hope to see you soon,
Vicki

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked!?!?! Bonds is dirty?!?!?!

Bonds doesn't deserve baseball's attention. If you did "the juice" 'fess up to it, be a man, don't play the blame game. McGuire did.

Anonymous said...

I did not realize that Robert Redford was still alive.....that alone makes this movie worth watching!