
Normally when you get halfway through November and there's a baseball story plastered all over ESPN it's a good thing, however, not so much this year. Usually you can get information about the newest Insert team name here player who has come over from free agency or a trade, not this year. This year we get an indictment, a mega-million deal and a tax scandal. What happened to the simple game of teamwork friendship and kinship that I learned long ago? It's been argued that baseball's innocence evaporated long ago but I still held onto the dream and ideas I learned in my youth, for better or worse I still do. That's why I still love the game, and why I hate the drama. Don't get me wrong I think Bonds had it coming, I think Bonds is a cheat and he's the worst kind of cheat, one that shows no remorse. Other athletes, other sports have had scandals and cheats but it seems as though those who damage the image of their sports want to make amends or help right the wrong. When McGwire was found with Andro he didn't try to hide it and to put it plainly it wasn't illegal then, it was a bad idea for sure, but it wasn't illegal. It would be like you or I walking down to the local GNC to buy a supplement. That alone doesn't give someone their size but it takes discipline and determination to work out to get there. Anyway, he admitted that and wanted to part of the solution. Marion Jones returned her medals and showed contrition, Bonds isn't even close to that. He's defiant to the sport that made him millions and placed him in the limelight of popular culture. Why is he defiant? For pride and ego. Get over yourself Mr. Bonds and go away. Let baseball move past the "steroid era," which you Mr. Bonds so willingly and totally signify and let baseball get back to the purity of sport. I know you're innocent until proven guilty in a court of law but in the court of common sense and common courtesy, you're already guilty.
As for Jeter and his tax evasion, you always said you want to be a Yankee, but I guess you don't want to be a New Yorker, shut up and pay your taxes. Those of us who work for a living do our part and pay God forbid you should give back to a city and community that has given you so much, how 'bout some humility.
Hopefully, now that this indictment is finally happening we can get back to loving the game for what it is, and the sport can put the cartoon character that is Barry Bonds, behind it. I know that it will take time but, time they tell me, heals all wounds.
3 comments:
you, who call yourself 4MU, what are you doing with a Crimson and Blue web page?
I agree with Jenni on this one! The background does scream Jayhawks you traitor!
M-
It's "democrat" blue, but it will quickly be remedied I promise.
Post a Comment