So yes it's been a while but hey when you have shifts that you can take at work, you take them. Also, when the World Series is on...you watch it, especially if the Cardinals are playing.
Well if in football defense wins championships, in baseball it's pitching. 3 stellar games in the World Series, although one may have been a little doctored, 3 great games.
Game 1: It was such a good game and how about Reyes not pulling an Ankiel! That sure the heck was a relief. Sound play all around the board and a hard fought victory by the Cards...the trip was already a good one after that. Pujols and Rolen going yard, pssst, I think Rolen's shoulder is feeling a little bit better was a good sign to see them picking the offense up.
Game 2: "Smudgegate" I just don't know why the ump never physically checked Rogers' hand. I think that would have settled the debate right then and there. As for the next time Rogers plays he better have his hands sparkling clean and manicured! In any case I think that UPS should sponsor the game-"What can brown do for you?" (I borrowed that from Dan Patrick, but it was still a pretty good joke) The bats were kinda frozen anyway but I still think that LaRussa should have made a bigger stink but hey what do I know?
Game 3: One word; gem. Carpenter just threw a beauty no smudge or nothing. He did to the Tigers what they did to the Yankees. Doesn't hurt that we could field our positions whereas the Tigers had a little bit of problems with that. Maybe their pitchers were just a little bit nervous about batting, afterall they have the rediculous rule of the designated hitter in the American League. My only question with that game was with a 5 run lead why not let Carpenter finish it out but I guess with the cramp earlier in the game it was a precautionary act.
Looking forward to the rest of the Series, should the rain leave St. Louis.
Did a little bit of home improvement last weekend and should we ever completely finish the project I'll try to post the picture of my first major household renovation project. Other than that workin, tryin to get the first "career" job but payin the bills with the hotel as of right now.
Coming soon; more World Series comments, and my $.02 on the next round of election issues.
3 comments:
Would it have killed you to show a little love to Jimmy, and mention his offense in game 2?
Oops sorry I meant game 3.
Game 2...known as the 'Tar War'...I wondered why they didn't look in his glove even after he washed his hand/hands. If it wasn't anything, why didn't he want to talk about it?
Post a Comment