Alright, so it's October...I like October for many reasons. I am taking this opportunity to share why I like October. So without further procrastination the Top 10 things to love about October.
10. The leaves are turning and they look oh so pretty
9. Columbus Day...I mean really who doesn't love Columbus Day?
8. National Adopt a Dog Month
7. Pumpkin Beer at Flatbranch
6. Playoff baseball; on a side note here's 100 reasons why ESPN loves playoff baseball, my favorites #31, #32, and #95 and #72
5. College sports in full swing; football, women's volleyball, and soccer
4. Political season is in full swing...yes I love all the mudslinging commercials!
3. Halloween, who doesn't love Halloween?
2. Ocktoberfest!
1. Did I mention baseball playoffs, with the Cards in again!
I'm gonna borrow a quote from Kropp to help describe the October feeling for baseball fans. This is a perfect quote unless your team is in the playoffs, then you have to push it back a couple of days or weeks depending on how well your team does.
"From the late Bart Giamatti, former commissioner of baseball, on baseball. Even more applicable if you happen to be a Cubs fan. 'It's (baseball) designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything is new again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops, and leaves you to face the fall alone.' "
3 comments:
What I love about October: the 96 degree temperatures.
...not!
I know who doesn't love Columbus Day...Native Americans!
State and federal employees dig it, though.
I can't wait to get up to Chicago - two more weeks. It's 90f here in Fl seemingly year round. Blowing leaves, and crisp fall air makes me a very happy guy.
As for baseball, I think I'm hoping for a Cards/Yankees series. I'd also take a Cards/Tigers series as well, but I'd much rather watch the Cards beat up on NY. And I especially hate the Padres - can't forgive them for '84. And I really don't want to see Nohmaaaah and Maddux jumping around with joy either. And I hate the Mets just a bit more than St. Louis as well.
Post a Comment