Alright so I've been absent from the blog-o-sphere for a while not because of lack of material mostly lack of motivation. Just took a week to chill for a little bit after the closing of the musical, anyway here's a return with a couple of things.
1) "Favregate" - I'm a Packer fan have been for quite a while and it would be completely naive of me to say that part of it didn't have to do with Brett Favre at the quarterback position. I've been inspired by his raw performances and his dedication to a single team. However, I've been disappointed with the effect of "Favregate" on his legacy and his retirement. I thought that when he did retire at the end of last season he might not be coming back...I personally thought it wasn't the right time after the performance of last year, but it was his choice. This back and forth is getting old and I'm not sure where I'm going to land (for Favre or not) but rest assured I'll still be a Packer backer. Some articles on the matter can be found here, or here, or here.
2) Presidential and other politics - So here's the deal, were all about the politics right now; national, state, local it doesn't matter. It's "fun" to discuss and debate. Yet here are a couple of the issues that are irking me about politics right now. First, I get the phone calls all the time, I understand while they are there but I don't want another negative call EVER! We have a no call list for marketing purposes but the politicians were not dumb enough to not excuse themselves from the same courtesy to their voters. However, here's a bit of advice for you politicians if you're gonna make the calls (which you probably won't, just a "robocall") don't use it to slam your opponent tell me what you're gonna do or what you have done instead. I'm talking to you Ken Jacob I already have my candidate, Judy Baker, but it still "gets my goat" that you would slam her with negative campaigns over the phone. (By the way don't forget to vote on Aug 5th)
Second, in presidential politics what the heck are you thinking John McCain really a commercial with Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton, do you really have that little respect for the American people? Not only that but you're ticking off your supporters, is that such a good idea? Even the Daily Show picked this up calling it the "Dick Move of the Week." Maybe it was just an attempt to get media and get people talking about you, which is has done but I'm not sure about the old adage, "any press is good press."
3) Batman: The Dark Knight - I have a previous post going in depth on what I thought about the movie and its place in the halls of popular culture...apparently I missed something. Picked this article up off of MSN movies about Bale's voice change from Bruce Wayne to Batman. I happen to agree with it but my review still there for further opinion.
That's it but DON'T FORGET TO VOTE TOMORROW!
1 comment:
I am siding with Brett Favre on this one. Unless he head butted the GM in the chest there should be no reason a player can't unretire and regain his place. Jordan came back (twice). Shoot, Detroit was probably just dying for Barry Sanders to come back.
Favre made a mistake by retiring, but to think that he is less talented because he retired is stupid. Something else happened.
And.....did Obama use the word "Baloney" in his ad? Awesome. Everyone loves baloney. takes me back to my childhood.
Post a Comment