My apologies to all of my readers (yeah OK right) but I'm going to take a break from my vacation report to post this update on "real life."
Last weekend my younger brother came to visit in Columbia on Memorial Day weekend, after a wedding with the entire "Becker/Klick" clan in Springfield. We had dinner with Dad and then he came back here to crash before going back to St. Louis afterwards. Well on that night we had a little heart to heart and he challenged me to "run with the bulls." This was a literal interpretation because he's going to Europe for a while and will be in Pamplona running with the bulls. Well anyone who knows me knows I probably won't literally run with the bulls even if the opportunity presents itself, however, I get the point. I gotta take chances, well I've taken a few since then and well, although they're not extreme as I think he was talking about they have kinda produced some results. So thanks for the advice little brother.
First, after I lost my job at the Hampton I sent out a flurry of applications and paid a couple of visits to all the local and "sub-local" colleges in the area well it seems as though one of those stuck. I am now "officially" an academic advisor for the online campus of Columbia College, hopefully this will open some doors for me. Even if it doesn't I'm back in academia which I feel more and more like where I belong. Secondly, my Dad called me last Saturday, after canvassing for Judy Baker (another 'run') and told me about his production of "Plan 9 from Outer Space" a "campy" musical based on a "campy" movie and how their lead unexpectedly dropped out due to scheduling conflicts and that I should try out. Well I called on Sunday had an audition on Monday and got the role later that evening. So if anyone wants to see me live on stage come on over to Columbia and you'll have it. So there you go I'm "running" a little and there will undoubtedly be more to come.
2 comments:
That's awesome! Congratulations! So when is this musical???
The musical is July 11,12,13,18,19,20,25,26,27 all shows at 8:00pm Maplewood Barn Theater Columbia.
Post a Comment