...here's why.
So it's been crazy at work, first I had to go to Middleton, Wisconsin for a conference, then I got back and pinballed back and forth to St. Louis and Columbia, for a visit with my brother (in from Vegas) and our passover Seder. While returning back to Columbia to work...fun with crazy guests who have many needs and some who are just close to crazy, trying to start fight with other guests in the lobby. Then on Monday...oh yeah I had to "resign."
So that's that. I'm without work. Still trying to find new work. I'm trying to put a positive spin on it but I haven't been able to get to the point where "it's a vacation." I guess the best I can do is learn from this experience. So here are the things I've learned.
First the easy lessons; I don't like working every weekend, one even two a month is ok but every weekend for 4 months not so much. I want to spend time with my family and it sucks to be on "alternating schedules" with your wife, and finally, KEEP A JOB JOURNAL. Or as some people like to say document, DOCUment, DOCUMENT! I made the mistake of just trusting that things would work out...not so much.
Then the hard ones; Pride goeth before the fall, I always knew I was prideful but this experience has helped me notice the depth of that and the problems it causes. Also, I don't do well without structure...if you just show me something once and don't give me a book or a class to help me learn it, odds are I'll tend to forget it. I kinda need a checklist but also need some flexibility to work with a staff, and on that note working with front line staff may make your job easier when you're there however it doesn't do much for the future...I guess that's what you call "office politics." There are more coming but it's a process.
In any case that's why it's been a while, I'll keep everyone in the blog-o-sphere up to date so when I know, I'll hopefully post. Thanks for all the prayers and support for people who have known and for all the future prayers and support as well. Until then...
1 comment:
Keep you head up, things will come around. Your next job will be so much better.
Post a Comment