I'm gonna steal the post from Christian and put out the ol' "Dear Santa" wish list;
Dear Santa,
While I haven't been the best this year, sorry about the MU vs kU game, but I still have a couple of items on my Christmas wish list. So I know I don't have an "Elf on the Shelf" but if you could take this entry as my list, I would be much obliged.
- (Obviously) A new computer; it's amazing how dependent I have become on it.
- A working armoire for our bedroom, it's tough to watch a show with the panel closing all the time.
- The feeling of accomplishment and progress from work
- The means to take at least one class at the University
- An end to the writers strike, I definitely miss the Daily Show (Yes I know it is scheduled to return but, admittedly, it won't be the same.)
- Lifetime all you can eat boneless wings from Buffalo Wild Wings
- A Wii
- (Insert soapbox)
- A true spirit of Bi-partisanship and goodwill that will work towards the benefit of the country as opposed to the bickering of political hacks that just want to metaphorically kill each other.
- A "revolution;" "God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? - Thomas Jefferson
- The willpower for my generation to actively engage in the system to promote diversity and knowledge throughout the country and to engage in productive dialogue with each other and our leaders.
- (Remove soapbox)
- An understanding that Thanksgiving is before Christmas, and rightly so. So that Americans will give thanks for what they have before clamoring for more.
- The self-discipline to write, read, and/or do something that is productive and beneficial to the world.
- Baseball's return to purity, straight competition, teamwork and strategy, an exit from overinflated payrolls, steroids, and negativity, a reconciliation with the fans, and a recognition of joy and happiness into this much beloved game.
- Peppermint Bark
Peace and Love,
Robert
No comments:
Post a Comment