Saturday, May 26, 2007

Long weeks

So I've been a little scarce in the blog-o-sphere lately but there has been good reason. I've been working...alot! A couple weeks ago there were grumblings among the staff the the cards would be shuffled and some of my co-workers would be leaving our team. None of these rumors were known to be true, however, me being overly ambitious I made a concerted effort to be seen more around the hotel and to "raise my stock" just a little. The strategy, unlike most of my others, paid off. The rumors did indeed pan out to be true, our sales manager is leaving our hotel for a job, which in my opinion, is perfect for her and subsequently our Assistant General Manager is sliding over to fill her spot. This of course left her position to be filled. Well several interviews and a couple of weeks later the company decided to bump me up to the AGM position. I'm excited for the new opportunity and wanted to thank everyone who prayed, wished, hoped, yearned, and whatever else you did for me. Thank You. In accordance with any job promotion or reshaping of duties I've been training and learning new techniques, skills, and language that come with the territory, leading to my lack of blogging. However, now that things have somewhat settled into place and the cards have landed where they may I hope to resume my blogging tendencies. There are several posts that are yearning to explode onto the page so I'm ready to contribute my $.02 to the blog-o-sphere, stay tuned.

Upcoming posts: Pirates!, Memorial Day Weekend, Question of the Week, Movie Reviews, and "Death of a Dorm"...stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robert,

Way to go on the promotion. They are very lucky to have you. It's a good fit for you, because you are such a service oriented person. Not to mention, you learned about Hospitality from the most hospitable person in the world (MOM):)

Hated to lose Yadi, but how bout the MV3 last night?