Monday, November 01, 2010

VOTE!

As per my tradition my $.02 my predictions and my statement how to vote tomorrow.

U.S. Senator - Voting for Carnahan
      I'm hoping for a Democratic "upset" in this one but I'm not sure that Carnahan's grass roots are going to have enough to overturn the big money of daddy Blunt. If Blunt does win I guess Missouri  the special interest will get what they paid for.

Missouri Auditor - Voting for Montee
      Pretty sure she'll win even though the tide is anti incumbent, she's run a pretty slick "under the radar" campaign and she hasn't made any big goofs in office while she's held it.

District 9 U.S. Representative - Voting for Dwyer
      Luetkemeyer has this so much in the bag that he's not even running any ads, as far as I know. However, Dwyer didn't encourage armed revolt on a constituancy call a couple of months ago so he's got my vote and hopefully enough of the reasonable vote to bump Luetkemeyer out but I'm not counting on it.

State Rep District 23 - Voting for Webber
      Good guy, actually knocked on our door asking for a vote give credit where credit is due. May be one of the few Democrats that keeps their seat although on the state level all politics are local and the gerrymandering from the past has definitely helped him out.

Missouri Constitutional Amendment 1 - No
      For the simple reason that this amendment makes an "exception". I think we all have the same rules plain and simple.

Missouri Constitutional Amendment 2 - Yes
     Our veterans deserve everything we can do to make their lives easier. (Plus my dad can't say I'm only a "tax and spend" Democrat too)

Missouri Constitutional Amendment 3 - Yes
     While the counties and cities may take a hit on this one, as stated above, I think everyone should have a level playing field. If you're gonna put a tax down then everyone gets taxed and gets taxed fairly.

Missouri Proposition A - Yes
     See above, I'm a St. Louisan by birth but I have to say the state needs to come first. If this helps level the field I'm for it. Plus voters in St. Louis and Kansas City would still have to approve or deny the final decision. They'll have to decide whether they're gonna be selfish or help us all out.

Missouri Proposition B - No
    No, I don't hate puppies and anyone who knows me knows I love animals but this just adds another law on the books and the laws aren't the problems it's the enforcement. (This is actually one issue as to where I was swayed thanks to some friends and the Vet, not the stupid ad's.) Research the issues folks, know what you're voting on.

City of Columbia Prop 1 - Yes
    Some will say this will "raise" taxes in a recession but the taxes are staying the same with a yes vote. Plus our parks are much too valuable to cut funding to them.

City of Columbia Prop 2 - No
   "Don't taze me bro" is one of the rallying cries for this proposition but I'm sorry folks when it comes down to tazing or billy clubbing or firing a weapon, I got to go with the tazer. Plus this is more of an issue of training, train the officers and have some oversight over their duties and responsibilities, don't take a tool off their belt. The citizens oversight committee was a start now we just need to be reasonable and provide adequate training and background for our officers within Columbia's City limits.

Those are my $.02 but make sure you go out and VOTE tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good and valid points!