Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Advent Conspiracy

I've been wanting to do a post on this for a while and well now I'm going to.

For anyone who knows me, they know that I'm a big fan of Christmas, not the over commercialization, "Black Friday", buy me more and more stuff "social convention" Christmas, but the real Christmas. You all know the "Christmas" I'm talking about, the one at the end of all the Christmas movies. The "in Whoville they say The Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day. And then - the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches plus, two!" the "God Bless Us, everyone" and the "It's the Christmas Star, and that's all that matters tonight; not bonuses, or gifts, or turkeys or trees, see kids it means something different to everybody and now I know what it means to me," that Christmas.

Where I don't go to the extremes of "no Santa" or "only Santa" I do think that we as a society have moved past the original "goodwill toward man" meaning of Christmas. Apparently I'm not alone in my disgust. One of my fellow bloggers had a really good post about this a couple weeks ago and while, unfortunately, I can't find a church to partake in the Advent Conspiracy I would love to have my family conspire together to actively participate. So to anyone who reads this blog and needs any last minute gift ideas here you go. The good people at living water international have made it easy this year and now have "gift cards" you can send to people so they can determine where to apply their donation, sounds like a great idea to me.

Sorry for my little rant but I had to get that out.

More links for "Advent Conspiracy" and "The War on Christmas"

No comments: