Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Metamorphosis

As time keeps passing, and I keep getting more and more nervous about the arrival of our daughter, there are little steps that we are taking to make the transformation a little less shaky. This past weekend we took one of the basic ones, painting the nursery.

First I'm happy to report that both baby, and momma, are doing well both are healthy and in good condition all the visits are going well and the baby is growing at a healthy pace and everything looks good.

Next we had a task at hand, transform our office into a nursery. While there are many, many, different themes one can pick to a nursery we wanted one that remained void of the normal "gender" roles established in the past, boy=blue, girl=pink, boy=sports, girl=dolls, etc. We chose a theme of "It's a Small World" hoping for not only fun but information of the other cultures of the world. Believing that one of the beauties of America is the mixture of cultures into a "salad" of unique voices and cultures that are part of the deliciousness of individual ideas and traditions. I personally think it was a success, plus I got to paint a sky, which I've always wanted to do. I have to thank all of our family members who came in to help us, it could not have been possible without you.

Here a couple of pics from the weekend and one from the sonogram that I am particularly fond of, enjoy.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I think the baby might choke on the balloons! The dudes and dudettes turned out ok.

Anonymous said...

Lucky baby!