Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Of bicycles, beetles, baseball, and blogs.

Other post titles; "This post is brought to you by the letter 'B'," "Yeah I know its been a while...I'm sorry," and "...so here's what happened." anyway, here's the post.

Bicycles: so the last post was a top 10 wrap up of our vacation so I didn't post one little thing that happened while we were gone, but that's because my wife and I would just assume forget it. While on our last day of the vacation, Castaway Cay, we bought an excursion on the cruise line. The excursion included innertube rental, snorkel rental, and bicycle rental, sounds like fun right? Well the floating and the snorkling were indeed and the bicycle was too...for a little bit. Long story short, my wife and I were biking and well we were both in flip flops and well the Mrs. kinda got her foot stuck and ended up "severely spraining" and/or causing a hairline fracture in her toe when she fell. So she's been off her feet for a while and just recently went back to work because the pain and swelling has gone down. Sorry to people who this was a shock to when we have met them after the vacation but I wasn't going to blog about it when it was a top 10 list about vacation.


Beetles; as many of you know my wife's car is a 2000 Volkswagen Beetle (Vapor Blue) it is a very nice and reliable car, usually. When my wife drives it seems to work fine, however, it has a love/hate relationship with me. It seems as though everytime I drive it something happens, either the glove box handle breaks, or a curb jumps out at me, or the road seems to have one too many bumps so the ground clearance scrapes the bottom of it, or as was the case this weekend, the temperature gauge warning light goes off. Yes my love/hate relationship continues to the tune of $1000 worth of repairs since the water pump is out, the housing unit for the pump is also out, the thermostat needs to be replaced and hey since it just hit 100,000 miles we'll replace the timing belt as well.

Baseball; I just don't understand that when a team has their own destiny in their hands why they can't pull it together and muster enough fire to inspire themselves and their fans to the post season. Yes I know there were injuries, yes I know that there were media circuses, yes I know that there are other issues that go unresolved throughout the season but COME ON, the Cardinals have played horribly this month and in watching them they seem unispired and content with "playing out the season." I don't know but I guess there's always next year and at least they gave out bobbleheads, they still got that going for them.


Blogs; I know I've said this before, but I'm going to try and blog at least once a week and I'm trying to revamp it and add some more things to it. So if you have any suggestions about what to leave or what to add, just comment and let me know.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Congrats on the 100k miles!

(By the way, the blogger word verification for this post I'm making is "vedubwub.")

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the biking mishap - they can be quite dangerous. I risk life daily riding among the taxis. Hopfully a full recovery will be in order.

I think I know what's going on with your VW - those beetles are meant to be driven either by females and/or homosexuals, so that's most likely why it doesn't like you very much. I'll second the congrats on getting a modern VW to 100k - very well done. They tend to get expensive after that, so watch out. Sometimes a car payment can be cheaper then keeping a mexican-built VW running post 100k.

Good luck on the blogging frequency. I'd like to be more frequent as well, but when I start writing a political post I just get upset.