They say there are three things to survive a nuclear bomb; Twinkies, 'roaches, and Keith Richards, and well one may be out of the running after today. Hostess declared bankruptcy, again, and it looks like this time they mean it selling off the assets to the bakeries. While I don't know enough to blame either the Unions or the management, I am just a little bit depressed from losing the memories. They say there is some chance that Twinkies will get picked up but who knows? In any case I must remember the times I've had with the little snack cake and the Hostess brand. "College Birthday Cakes", deep fried yummy-ness, and diet sabotaging trips to the gas station will now be a thing of the past but I don't lament them as much as I do the loss of another iconic Hostess brand, Wonder Bread.
A Blog about stuff, some important, some trivial but whatever comes next, "watch this space".
Friday, November 16, 2012
"Now that's the stuff"
They say there are three things to survive a nuclear bomb; Twinkies, 'roaches, and Keith Richards, and well one may be out of the running after today. Hostess declared bankruptcy, again, and it looks like this time they mean it selling off the assets to the bakeries. While I don't know enough to blame either the Unions or the management, I am just a little bit depressed from losing the memories. They say there is some chance that Twinkies will get picked up but who knows? In any case I must remember the times I've had with the little snack cake and the Hostess brand. "College Birthday Cakes", deep fried yummy-ness, and diet sabotaging trips to the gas station will now be a thing of the past but I don't lament them as much as I do the loss of another iconic Hostess brand, Wonder Bread.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment